Job Description / Duties
The position requires a comprehensive and detailed understanding of national accreditation policies (ACGME) and board certification policies, as well as a high-degree of initiative and independent judgment. The Coordinator Residency Program provides support and meets regularly with the Program Director and Director of Medical Education Administration concerning office management issues, activities, budgets, and the status of projects. This position identifies and evaluates the methods for improving workflow and cost effectiveness and makes recommendations for improvements. Familiarity with ACGME web ADS, MedHub Resident Management System (RMS), ERAS, NRMP, & EPSI required.
1. Serves as a Residency Coordinator in the department of medical education administration.
2. Responsible for the overall management of residency office. Assists the physician director and associate director to manage the residency by ensuring that accreditation standards are met, educational activities which support the curriculum are established, departmental policies are created and enforced, and recruitment strategies are implemented so that a highly successful residency program is maintained.
3. Coordinates the onboarding process for new residents including collecting new resident contracts, licenses, and certifications. Assists new residents in becoming acclimated to the educational setting. Assists the medical education administration manager in the preparation and implementation of new resident orientation.
4. Jointly oversee the planning and implementation of continuing medical education activities including the visiting lectureship series, educational conferences, and other programs.
5. Oversee resident and medical student clinical rotation scheduling.
6. Coordinate preparation of travel for residents, director, and faculty for approved departmental travel.
7. Coordinates the resident recruitment processes including the initial screening, examining, comparing, and processing of applications, scheduling of interviews, correspondence with applicants, gathering of interview summary information, and submission of NRMP rank order lists.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Bachelor’s degree in education or equivalent on the job experience. Minimum of two years’ experience in health or education. Master’s degree with a focus in adult education preferred.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Choose a career that matters with UnityPoint Health – Des Moines! UnityPoint Health - Des Moines is a family of four hospitals including Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Iowa Lutheran Hospital, Blank Children’s Hospital and Methodist West Hospital. Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve our patients and visitors every day.
Why UnityPoint Health?
·Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
·Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
·Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
·Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
·Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.