Family Medicine Residency Prog Dir
Job Description / Duties
St. Tammany Health System (“STHS”) in collaboration with Ochsner Health (“OH”) is seeking a program director for a newly established Family Medicine Residency program with the first class of residents starting July 1, 2023. A strategic initiative of the STHS and OH strategic partnership is to create a nationally recognized Family Medicine training program on the STHS Campus focused on training future primary care physicians with enhanced competencies and capabilities in population health, telemedicine and team-based care models. This program director position is an exceptional opportunity for an outstanding clinician and academician to create a legacy as the founding program director.
• Responsible for the planning and implementing, organization and administration of the Family Medicine Residency Program.
• Complete the ACGME application process including preparing the application, representing STHS at survey and site visit and responding to inquiries leading to successful accreditation for the Family Medicine Residency Program.
• Develop the curriculum, recruit faculty and staff and prepare required policy manuals, guidelines and budget.
• Deliver and maintain ACGME compliant, policies and procedures.
• Coordinate the Resident recruitment, application, selection, orientation and evaluation process.
• Develop and oversee the process to select and evaluate qualified Family Medicine physicians and other specialists to serve as core and adjunct faculty.
• Manage the oversight of new and continued program accreditation.
• Serve as a Family Medicine Physician providing patient care with a minimum of 50% of time devoted to the administrative requirements of the residency program.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• A minimum of 3-years-experience as a clinician, administrator and educator in a Family Medicine Residency program.
• Board Certification by the American Board of Family Medicine.
• Must be eligible to be licensed to practice medicine in the state of Louisiana and be appointed in good standing to the St. Tammany Health System Medical Staff and Ochsner Health Medical Staff.
• Recent peer reviewed scholarly work, publication of original research, articles in peer reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publications or presentations of case reports and participation in national committees or educational organizations is preferred.
About St. Tammany Health System
St. Tammany Health System is the heartbeat of its community, caring for patients and families with excellence, compassion and teamwork. The system will strengthen the health of its community with compassion, innovation and partnership. The mission and vision are achieved through inpatient, outpatient and supportive services districtwide. St. Tammany Health System is recognized for quality, safety and patient experience by Healthgrades, Hospital Compare, Leapfrog, Quantros/CareChex, Women’s Choice and US News & World Report. St. Tammany Parish Hospital Service District No. 1 is an independent service district delivering world-class health care close to home to best serve patients and families in west St. Tammany and surrounding areas. Self-supporting, not-for-profit STHS receives no tax funding.
About Ochsner Health
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to serve, heal, lead, educate and innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 895,000 people from across the globe in 2020, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top children’s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisiana’s leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 30,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region.
About the Partnership
St. Tammany Health System and Ochsner Health work together in partnership to improve our community’s health and quality of life, today and for the future. Together, west St. Tammany’s two top two independent health leaders represent the most complete system of care, aligning behind the common goals of improving access, expanding specialty care and making care affordable. Under their agreement, each retains its autonomy; neither manages nor owns the other.
About Ochsner GME
Ochsner Health operates one of the nation’s largest independent academic medical centers. The Ochsner Department of Graduate Medical Education offers a rich history of training past, current and future physicians who will provide care for the communities across the nation. Ochsner sponsored its first residency program in General Surgery, seventy-seven years ago in 1944. Ochsner continued to grow and support new Graduate Medical Education over the many years, but especially over the past 10-years with over 50% new program growth. Ochsner currently sponsors over 320 residents and fellows in 32 accredited programs. In addition, Ochsner is a joint sponsor with the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (LSUHSC), Psychiatry Residency Program, and is a joint sponsor of a Pediatric Residency Program and Plastic Surgery Residency Program with Tulane University School of Medicine (“Tulane”). These joint programs include approximately 75 residents. Ochsner also provide clinical rotations to another 684 residents and fellows in various disciplines of medicine and surgery under affiliation agreements with LSUHSC and Tulane as well as other schools across the country and around the world.
AVP/St. Tammany Physicians Network
St. Tammany Health System
1202 S. Tyler St., Covington, LA 70433