Director of Medical Education--OhioHealth Grant Medical Center
Job Description / Duties
OhioHealth Grant Medical Center Medical Education is hiring a Director of Medical Education to provide campus-based leadership and direction for medical education.
· Oversees and participates in the development, delivery, coordination, review and assessment of all aspects of competency-based curriculum for medical education programs to ensure quality and consistency
· Ensures medical education program quality and the presence of an exceptional clinical learning environment through oversight and analysis of survey data, quality metrics and evaluation tools
· Operational responsibility for the ambulatory teaching sites including educational oversight, and budgetary oversight in collaboration with OhioHealth Physician Group leadership
· Identifies and implements strategies to address system, hospital and medical education programmatic goals, aligning those goals with system strategies
· Works collaboratively with system Medical Education leadership and system peers to further quality of learning and teaching across all care sites
· Responsible for maintaining the relationship with the Otterbein CRNA program including ensuring that accreditation needs are met
Qualifications / Required Skills
MD/DO, other advanced degrees with experience will be considered
Preferable leadership qualities include: integrity, relationship management, team building and teamwork, vision, strategic planning, communication, and people development
Ability of obtain hospital privileges within OhioHealth
All medical and surgical specialties considered with clinical versus administrative time to be negotiated. Minimum 0.6 FTE administrative.
Enjoy the stability of employment along with highly competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, relocation assistance, and student loan reimbursement. At OhioHealth, we want to do more than support the careers of our physicians — we want to grow their talents and help them reach their highest aspirations. We see your education not as an expense, but as a strategic investment in the health system.
We value the expertise of our strong physician network. We seek out your ideas for improving the patient experience and implement them. It's one of the reasons why we are regularly ranked in the top 10% of Press Ganey's hospital experience survey, which measures physician engagement and satisfaction.
Columbus is one of the top locations in the country for young professionals, with a mix of big-city amenities and small-town affordability. OhioHealth offers a wide range of professional experience in communities throughout central and southeast Ohio, giving you the opportunity to find the perfect fit for your family and your career.
For more information, please contact Jessica Federer at (614) 544-4355 or email your CV to Jessica.Federer@ohiohealth.com.