Job Description / Duties
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic physician to serve as the inaugural Associate Program Director to assist in the development, design and implementation of the new community-based 4-4-4 residency. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join the organization and be an integral part of developing the GME enterprise.
• Responsible for planning, implementation and direction of the Family Medicine Residency Program in coordination with the Program Director, and the Office of Medicine Education.
• Collaborate with the Program Director in the overall planning and direction of activities associated with the Family Medicine Residency in order to meet ACGME, ABFM, Joint Commission and other regulatory agency requirements for resident physicians and faculty as outlined by the hospital.
• Practice full spectrum family medicine including inpatient/hospital medicine.
• The position will be split between direct patient care and required Associate Program Director administrative responsibilities as outlined by the ACGME.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• AOA or ABMS board certification in Family Medicine.
• Have or be able to obtain medical licensure in the state of Delaware and appropriate medical staff appointment.
• Documented clinical, educational, scholarly activity and administrative experience beyond residency training with some experience as academic faculty.
• Demonstration of professional behaviors that allow the Associate Program Director to serve as a role model.
• Demonstration of strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with Beebe Healthcare’s values and behavior standards.
Beebe Healthcare – a growing, not-for-profit community health system with a 210-bed hospital and numerous satellite facilities throughout beautiful south coastal Delaware – is starting a brand new Family Medicine residency.
About the Southern Delaware Area:
• Safe, family-friendly Southern Delaware
• Exceptional quality of life
• Nationally ranked beaches and boardwalks by Parents Magazine, National Geographic, Travel and Leisure, and American Profiles
• Relaxed community where recreational opportunities include water sports, outdoor life, golf and cycling
• Private, charter and public school options
• Low cost of living: low taxes, no sales tax, third-lowest property taxes in the nation
• Close to Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, DC, and NYC
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity and/or schedule an on-site visit, please send your CV to Bill Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!