Physician-GME Residency Program Director- Internal Medicine
Job Description / Duties
Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
Our client is the largest health system in Georgia which is known for its innovated care models, focused quality improvement efforts and ability to provide access to high quality healthcare in the communities they serve.
This Atlanta based organization includes over 20,000 team members throughout 11 hospitals, 225 medical office locations, outpatient centers, health parks, a pediatric center, nursing centers, hospice and homecare. The new ACGME Internal Medicine Program is located on the medical campus in Griffin, Georgia.
We are conducting an exclusive, retained national search for a stellar, energetic Physician Academic leader to serve as the Residency Program Director for this organization’s Internal Medicine Program. This candidate will have authority and accountability for the overall operation of the program.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Ideal candidates must possess the following Education and Experience:
- Required Minimum Education: MD or DO Degree, Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, licensed to practice medicine in the State of Georgia, and eligible for unrestricted Active Medical Staff Privileges in Internal Medicine or a subspecialty of Internal Medicine
- Required Minimum Experience: At least 5 years of experience as a faculty member at an ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine training program with at least three years of graduate medical education administrative experience. A history of scholarly activity consistent with ACGME guidelines.
- Required Minimum Skills: A skilled clinician who prioritizes patient-centered care. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The understanding and ability to teach as measured by the success of the residents that he/she has trained.
- The ability to manage a departmental budget and staff. Knowledge and understanding of the requirements for enduring accreditation as an ACGME-accredited program in Internal Medicine.
It is a great time to join this wonderful organization! Candidates can expect the following perks:
- Competitive base salary plus bonus compensation structure
- Employee matched 403b
- CME Time and Allowance
- Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance Available
- A great company culture with supportive leadership and team members
- Vacation, Sick, Maternity and Holiday Time
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance coverage
- And more……