Family Medicine Residency Program Director
Job Description / Duties
· Responsible for planning, implementation and direction of the Family Medicine Residency Program in coordination with the Chief Medical Officer, the Designated Institutional Official, and the Office of Graduate Medicine Education.
· Responsible for overall planning and direction of activities associated with the Family Medicine Residency in order to meet ACGME, ABFM, Joint Commission and other regulatory agency requirements for resident physicians and faculty as outlined by the hospital.
· The position will be split between direct patient care and required Program Director administrative responsibilities as outlined by the ACGME.
Qualifications / Required Skills
A AOA or ABMS board certification in Family Medicine.
· Have or be able to obtain medical licensure in the state of Delaware and appropriate medical staff appointment.
· Documented clinical, educational, scholarly activity and administrative experience beyond residency training with at least three (3) years of experience as academic faculty.
· Demonstration of professional behaviors that allow the Program Director to serve as a role model.
· Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with Beebe Healthcare’s values and behavior standards.
Live Where Others Vacation! New FM Residency Seeks Physician Leader
Beebe Healthcare – a growing, not-for-profit community health system with a 210-bed hospital and numerous satellite facilities throughout beautiful south coastal Delaware – is starting a brand new Family Medicine residency. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic physician to serve as the inaugural Program Director to develop, design and implement the new community-based 4-4-4 residency. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join the organization and be an integral part of developing the GME enterprise.
About the Southern Delaware Area:
Safe, family-friendly Southern Delaware
Exceptional quality of life
Nationally ranked beaches and boardwalks by Parents Magazine, National Geographic, Travel and Leisure, and American Profiles
Relaxed community where recreational opportunities include water sports, outdoor life, golf and cycling
Private, charter and public school options
Low cost of living: low taxes, no sales tax, third-lowest property taxes in the nation
Close to Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, DC, and NYC
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity and/or schedule an on-site visit, please send your CV to Bill Cook, Director of Physician Recruitment, Beebe Medical Group at
Founded in 1916 by two physician brothers, Drs. James Beebe and Richard C. Beebe, the main medical center in Lewes is a 210-licensed-bed, not-for-profit seaside community hospital. Beebe's specialized service lines include cardiac and vascular, surgical services, oncology, women's health, and orthopedic services. Beebe offers an array of inpatient, outpatient, emergency, and diagnostic services.