Recruiting Fellows - HonorHealth
Job Description / Duties
GERIATRIC MEDICINE FELLOWSHIP
The ACGME accredited Geriatric Medicine Fellowship at HonorHealth is designed to train family medicine and internal medicine physicians to become excellent geriatric clinicians, educators, and leaders in the community with an awareness of the societal need for geriatricians who practice high value, cost effective medicine. The community focus of our program is in keeping with HonorHealth’s vision to be the partner of choice as we transform healthcare for our communities. The HonorHealth Geriatric Medicine fellowship is a partnership program between HonorHealth and the Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care System.
Fellows will spend one year of learning to become board-eligible in geriatric medicine. Fellows will develop a plan of self-learning to gain progressive autonomy and also, demonstrate the ability to teach and serve in a leadership role.
· G60 Trauma Service
· Wound Care
· Skilled Nursing Facility Care
· VA Multidisciplinary Clinics including Geropsychiatry
· Palliative Care and Hospice Care
· Pain Management and Rehabilitation
Throughout the Year
· Nursing Home Panel (Long Term Care)
· Outpatient Geriatrics Clinic Panel
· Pre-Clinic Didactic Sessions, Clinical Conference, Morbidity and Mortality Review
· Journal Clubs, Case Presentations, Public Lectures
· Quality Improvement (QI) Project
Qualifications / Required Skills
Program start date
2020 negotiable start date
2021 please apply through ERAS/NRMP
Program director, Jessica M Berdeja, MD is a geriatric medicine specialist and Medical Director of Geriatrics at HonorHealth. Dr. Berdeja's approach to healthcare is to establish a caring relationship with my patients so that I can educate them about their acute illnesses and chronic diseases in order to empower each individual.
CONTACT US FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION