Director, Family Medicine Rural Training Track Residency Program - Parkview Huntington Hospital
Job Description / Duties
For the past few years, our assessment of the community has continuously illustrated the shortage of physicians in rural Huntington County – and the limited access to quality healthcare services for our rural community. To address this unmet rising need, we seek to establish a new stand-alone Family Medicine Rural Training Track (RTT) Program with the goals of improving health outcomes and ensuring that our community has access to the quality health care they need and deserve.
This is an opportunity to build a program that will fill a vital need and have significant impact on the quality of care delivery and health outcomes of this population. Parkview Health has invested significant resources towards the development of more than ten residencies during the next five to seven years.
Qualifications / Required Skills
The successful Program Director will be a confident, visionary leader with the maturity, integrity, knowledge, and cultural sensitivity to inspire, develop, and recruit strong faculty and residents and advance collaborative relationships with community partners.
Qualifications & Experience -
The Family Medicine RTT Residency Program Director must possess the required specialty expertise, as well as documented educational and administrative abilities, to carry out the responsibilities of the role and to achieve the goals and objectives of the Family Medicine RTT Residency Program at Parkview Huntington Hospital (PPH), including:
- M.D. or D.O. degree or equivalent.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine, or hold credentials deemed equivalent to Certification by the ACGME’s Family Medicine Residency Review Committee.
- Experience as core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Demonstrated clinical competence as a practicing Family Medicine Physician.
- At least three (3) years of educational or administrative experience.
- Must be appointed in good standing with the Parkview Physicians Group.
- Have unrestricted credentials within Parkview Health, Parkview Huntington Hospital, and be licensed to practice medicine by the State of Indiana.
Parkview Huntington Hospital (PHH), an affiliate of Parkview Health, is a not-for-profit rural hospital – located in Huntington, IN. Recognized as one of the top rural hospitals in the country – we provide inpatient and outpatient services including emergency, critical care, surgery, endoscopy, and diagnostic and rehab services.
Parkview Health Highlights:
- Parkview Health has a Moody's Bond Rating of Aa3.
- The region's largest employer, serving the communities since 1878.
- Parkview Health Named Top 15 Health Systems in 2020 by IBM Watson Health™.
- Parkview Health named Most Wired® for sixth consecutive year.
- Parkview Health has been named Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare.
- Parkview Health named one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes Magazine.
- Multiple Parkview hospitals included in 100 Top Hospitals® list, also earn Everest Award.
- Three Parkview hospitals recognized among the 2019 Best Places to Work in Indiana.
- Magnet status.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Certified Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Centers.
- Accredited Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center.
- Parkview has the region’s only CyberKnife® System.
- As the second-largest metropolitan area in the state, Fort Wayne offers an urban education setting that’s rich with medical resources and full-time faculty.
- Fort Wayne, the region’s hub consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the United States and boasts some of the nation’s lowest cost of living.
For confidential consideration, along with more information about this opportunity or to refer a qualified candidate, please send a current CV directly to Elaine at:
confidential consideration, please include your cover letter and CV.
and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant's
experience and academic background. Parkview Health offers an excellent
benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc. A
comprehensive benefits package is included.
Kaye/Bassman has partnered
with Parkview Health to provide executive search services for the Department of
GME. Parkview Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Parkview Health, we’re guided by a mission to improve the health of the communities we serve. Since 1878, Parkview Health has been providing the highest quality care to northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio. As the region’s largest employer with more than 13,000 employees, Parkview Health System includes an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians and ten hospitals, and is comprised of more than 800 world-class providers in more than 45 specialties in over 300 locations.
As a financially-sound (Moody’s Bond Rating of Aa3), community-focused, expanding health system with strong leadership and Board support, Parkview Health has invested significant resources allocated to the development of more than ten residencies during the next five to seven years.
Our mission is to improve your health and inspire you to take steps to improve your well-being. We've been serving our communities since our early beginnings as Fort Wayne City Hospital in 1878. The Parkview Health system was formed in 1995 and our heritage of care and compassion continues today with nine hospitals and a network of primary care and specialty physicians.
Our Mission and Vision:
As a community owned, not-for-profit organization, Parkview Health is dedicated to improving your health and inspiring your well-being by…
- Tailoring a personalized health journey to achieve your unique goals
- Demonstrating world-class teamwork as we partner with you along that journey
- Providing the excellence,
innovation and value you seek in terms of convenience, compassion,
service, cost and quality