Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program - RWJBarnabas Health, Community Medical Center
Job Description / Duties
RWJBarnabas Health is currently seeking a board-certified Internal Medicine physician to lead as Program Director at an exciting new Internal Medicine residency program expected to begin in July 2021 at Community Medical Center (Toms River, NJ), contingent upon ACGME accreditation.
The successful applicant must have requisite training and experience in research and demonstrate a track record of dealing with the following responsibilities:
- Programmatic operations, including but not limited to the recruitment, selection, instruction, supervision, advising, evaluation, documentation, and advancement of residents
- Integration of the program with physician practices and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value and quality, and that promotes the optimal environment for professional practice and medical education
- Ensures accreditation of the program through application of ACGME common and specialty requirements in cooperation with other system leaders and outside consultants
- Provision of thought leadership, organization and operation of the general administration of the residency program
- Development and successful execution of the strategic direction of the program
Qualifications / Required Skills
Minimum Qualifications for the Position:
- Five years of progressive experience as an active faculty member of an IM residency program or Three years of graduate medical education leadership experience
- Current certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Eligibility for unrestricted medical licensure in the state of New Jersey
- Academic work that qualifies the candidate for appointment as Associate Professor or Professor
- Demonstrated leadership in obtaining ACGME accreditation, curriculum development, evaluation methodology, teaching, and mentoring residents
- Demonstrated excellence in an overall mix of skills including clinical care, clinical teaching, and scholarly activity that advance clinical medicine and institutional service
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, treating over 3 million patients a year. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals – Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH in New Brunswick and Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children’s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children’s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state’s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and four accountable care organizations. RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey’s second largest private employer – with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns – and routinely captures national awards for its outstanding quality and safety.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Amal Elmogahzy, Physician Recruiter at Amal.Elmogahzy@rwjbh.org or call/text her at 862-236-0720.