Director - Medical Education - Graduate Medical Education, Ochsner Health System
Job Description / Duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- In partnership with company facilities, reviews current workforce needs and potential opportunities to address through education program development, participates in development of division strategic priorities and leads the execution of educational health strategic initiatives.
- Represents company in relationship development and maintenance of academic affiliations with domestic and international universities and colleges; develops and maintains professional relationships with stakeholders, partners, and affiliates; and gathers and shares statistical data regarding educational health initiatives and program outcomes, curriculums and other information.
- Directs daily office operations: develops, coordinates and administers department budget; ensures all facets of onboarding and exiting learners is completed in accordance with company and all relevant regulatory requirements; orients, assigns, trains and evaluates all staff; and facilitates effective communication and collaboration between the medical education programs, students, clinical department, and other areas of the health system.
- Maintains accreditation statuses by adhering to accreditation guidelines, essentials, company's policies and procedures, and negotiates contracts and affiliation agreements for areas of responsibility with outside partners, affiliates, and vendors.
- Maintains performance standards and pursues goals, objectives, and activities that promote the mission and values of the organization and ensures program accountability by formal assessment of the programs including policies, procedures, facilities, resources and learner outcomes, including attrition, retention and conversion.
- Directs capacity management across the company for all educational offerings, and oversees and ensures high-quality of clinical education.
- Performs other duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Required – Bachelors’ degree in healthcare and/or business administration, education leadership or related field and 5 years of experience in healthcare, healthcare administration, business administration, or related field;
High school diploma or equivalent and 10 years of experience in healthcare, healthcare administration, business administration, or related field.
Preferred – Masters’ degree in healthcare and/or business administration, education leadership or related field and 10 years of experience in healthcare, healthcare administration, business administration, or related field.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude and relate to physicians, students, executive management, professionals and business and community leaders.
- Excellent leadership, motivation, and self-direction skills.
- Ability to use excellent judgment in handling complex situations.
- Ability to manage complex work and multiple tasks relative to national boards, regulatory agencies, and medical education services essential to student and graduate advancement.
- High level computer and data entry skills with a good understanding of relational database and ability to become an effective user of new computer systems and software.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to present information clearly.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please apply on-line at https://ochsner.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Ochsner/job/New-Orleans---New-Orleans-Region---Louisiana/Director---Medical-Education---Graduate-Medical-Education_REQ_00057341. Ochsner Health System endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
This employer maintains and complies with its Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.