Director of Medical Education, OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital
Job Description / Duties
OhioHealth Riverside Medical Education is hiring a Director of Medical Education to provide campus-based leadership and direction for medical education.
- The DME provides leadership for the department of medical education and ensures quality for the graduate and undergraduate medical education programs.
- Ensures accreditation readiness for ACGME accredited residency and fellowship programs, as well as, oversight of programs with other accrediting bodies.
- The DME is responsible for maintaining an appropriate learning environment for trainees and collaborates closely with peers throughout the system to share best practices.
- Partners with OhioHealth Physician Group leadership around oversight of employed physicians involved in medical education and ambulatory site operations.
- Directly supervises manager for medical education, program directors, manages faculty recruitment and succession planning.
- Identifies and implements strategies to address system, hospital and medical education programmatic goals, aligning those goals with system strategies in areas such as diversity/inclusion and provider wellness.
We’re passionate at OhioHealth about educating the next leaders in the healthcare industry. OhioHealth medical education provides opportunities to experience excellent training in both rural and urban medicine. The majority of our programs are located in the heart of Columbus, Ohio, the 14th largest city in the United States, yet we also offer programs in suburban Dublin as well as nearby rural Athens. All of our programs offer unique training experiences.
Enjoy the stability of employment along with highly competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, relocation assistance, and student loan reimbursement.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Preferable leadership qualities include:
- relationship management, team building and teamwork, vision, strategic planning, communication, development, executive presence, systemness, and values.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least five years’ experience within medical education.
- Hospital privileges include OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital, the flagship hospital of OhioHealth.
- This position reports to the Senior Director of Medical Education/DIO.
Healthcare Excellence Today and in the Future
Today’s complex healthcare environment requires physicians and hospitals to work together to achieve excellence in clinical quality, patient safety and service quality. One of the ways we achieve that kind of partnership is through the OhioHealth Physician Group (OPG), a medical group of OhioHealth physicians, advanced practice providers and associates.
We value the expertise of our strong physician network. We seek out your ideas for improving the patient experience and implement them. It’s one of the reasons why we are regularly ranked in the top 10 percent of Press Ganey’s hospital experience survey, which measures physician engagement and satisfaction.
You can contribute to a culture that has repeatedly made OhioHealth one of the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For.” And you can collaborate with MD Anderson Cancer Network-certified physicians, use telemedicine to seek the real-time advice of experts across the system, be a part of our state-of-the-art Neuroscience facility, Level 1 Trauma Center or Primary Stroke Center, or find your fit in any of our ambulatory or specialized care sites across the central region of the state.
We Never Stop Learning
At OhioHealth, we want to do more than support the careers of our physicians — we want to grow their talents and help them reach their highest aspirations. We see your education not as an expense, but as a strategic investment in the health system.
We know growth isn’t limited to just education, so we rely on the voices and leadership of our physicians. We have Clinical Guidance Councils, a Physician Diversity Workforce Group, and the OhioHealth Physicians Leadership Institute to help you help you lead, grow and innovate in all facets of your career.
We Want to Talk About Your Future
Columbus is one of the top locations in the country for young professionals, with a mix of big-city amenities and small-town affordability. OhioHealth offers a wide range of professional experiences in communities throughout central and southeast Ohio, giving you the opportunity to find the perfect fit for your family and your career.
For more information, please contact Jessica Federer at (614) 544-4355 or email your CV to Jessica.Federer@ohiohealth.com.