Program Director - Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physician, RWJBarnabas Health
Job Description / Duties
RWJBarnabas Health is seeking a Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physician for a Leadership Role in Southern NJ
RWJBarnabas Health is currently seeking a board-certified Emergency Medicine Physician for a Program Director position as part of our Emergency Department at Community Medical Center. As a brand new program with exciting career growth opportunities, we are expecting to have a total of 36 residents in a three year program starting in 2021, contingent upon ACGME accreditation.
Community Medical Center, member of RWJBarnabas Health, is a 592-bed, fully accredited acute care hospital located in Toms River, NJ. Community Medical Center (CMC) is Ocean County’s largest and most active healthcare facility, offering a comprehensive array of services. Located in the heart of the Jersey Shore, this position is based near famous boardwalks, waterfront views, and local community attractions.
The successful applicant must have requisite training and experience in research and demonstrate a track record of dealing with the following responsibilities:
- Programmatic operations, including but not limited to the recruitment, selection, instruction, supervision, advising, evaluation, documentation, and advancement of residents
- Integration of the program with physician practices and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value and quality, and that promotes the optimal environment for professional practice and medical education
- Ensures accreditation of the program through application of ACGME common and specialty requirements in cooperation with other system leaders and outside consultants
- Provision of thought leadership, organization and operation of the general administration of the residency program
- Development and successful execution of the strategic direction of the program
Qualifications / Required Skills
Minimum Qualifications for the Position:
- 3 years as core faculty with leadership experience
- Substantial past involvement in scholarly activities
- Demonstrated leadership in obtaining ACGME accreditation, curriculum development, evaluation methodology, teaching, and mentoring residents
- Demonstrated excellence in an overall mix of skills including clinical care, clinical teaching, and scholarly activity that advance clinical medicine and institutional service
About Community Medical Center:
For more than 55 years, Community Medical Center has been Ocean County’s trusted acute-care hospital offering state-of-the-art health and wellness services, the latest in medical technology and a highly skilled staff dedicated to the health and well-being of our patients. Our facility is equipped to handle any of your health concerns - from wellness programs to pediatrics to highly advanced surgical procedures and emergency care. As the largest non-teaching hospital in New Jersey, Community Medical Center continues to invest in our commitment to patients throughout Ocean County and beyond.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Amal Elmogahzy, Physician Recruiter at Amal.Elmogahzy@rwjbh.org or call/text her at 862-236-0720.
About RWJBarnabas Health:
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, treating over 3 million patients a year. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals – Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH in New Brunswick and Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children’s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children’s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state’s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and four accountable care organizations. RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey’s second largest private employer – with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns – and routinely captures national awards for its outstanding quality and safety.