Interventional Spine Fellowship
Job Description / Duties
Swedish offers one-year fellowship in Interventional Spine Training. Applicants should have completed PM&R, Anesthesiology or Neurology residency.
The fellowship provides a unique integration of non-operative and surgical specialties within the institute, allowing the opportunity to differentiate surgical verses non-surgical cases.
Procedures taught include:
• Facet joint injections (Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar (C-T-L))
• Medical branch blocks and ablation (C-T-L)
• Epidural Steroid injections (Claudal, C-T-L, Interlaminar, and C-T-L Transforaminal)
• Sacroiliac joint injection and ablations
• Intra-articular hip joint injections
• Regenerative medicine
• Interspinous spacers
• Vertebral augmentation (Vertebroplasty/Kyphoplasty)
• Spine Cord Stimulation
The goal of the fellowship is to train broadly competent, Interventional Spine Specialists in the evaluation and management of the full spectrum of spine disorders.
• CME (Continuing Medical Education Allocation) $3,000
• Provider Time Away (PTA) 25 days
• Holidays-Swedish has 7 recognized holidays during the academic year, if there is a personal holiday(s) that is not recognized by the healthcare system we honor the holiday(s) at no expense to PTA.
• Covered Expenses: Malpractice Insurance, Initial Application for Washington State Licensure, DEA Licensure, and all renewals that occur during the academic year.
• Meal Allotment of $250 per month
• Insurance- We offer medical, vision and dental for employee and all dependents with coverage starting day one of employment.
• Retirement: Swedish will match year one of employment
Executive Medical Director: Cameron G. McDougall MD
Educational Program Director: Akshal Patel MD
Fellowship Program Director: Glen J. David MD
Fellowship Program Manager: Lindsey Wheeler
For more information on the program and to submit an application please go to Neuroscience Institute Fellowship | Providence Residency
Please direct any questions or application assistance to Lindsey Wheeler
About Swedish Neuroscience Institute:
The Swedish Neuroscience Institute Fellowship Program at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington focuses on advancement in clinical and research training opportunities to young physicians dedicated to the clinical neurosciences. SNI currently offers advanced training in Complex & Minimally Invasive Spine, Cerebrovascular/Endovascular surgery, Skull-Base, Pituitary and Neurosurgery Oncology and Interventional Spine. It is the mission of the Fellowship Program to foster an environment of academic inquiry that allows training and graduating fellows to distinguish themselves in the clinical and surgical ability and professional conduct.
Within each subspecialty there is a one-to-one fellow per faculty ratio. Interventional Spine Fellows supports our community by assisting with outpatient procedures, Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty, clinical activities, patient assessment, and support multiple neurosurgery campuses. SNI Interventional Spine 1-year fellowship in our Comprehensive Complex Spine Center, a multi-disciplinary center focusing on Pain Management and Rehabilitation, Anesthesiology, and Neurosciences with a broadband of cases of all adult age groups, a high-volume fellowship with a strong emphasis on education and research.
Swedish Neuroscience Institute
550-17th Ave. Suite 500
$77,286.00- National Average