General Surgery Residency Program Director, OhioHealth Doctors Hospital
Job Description / Duties
Join an award winning, physician-led health system that prides itself on an inclusive, collegial and innovative culture. As a General Surgeon at OhioHealth, you will receive the support needed to balance your personal and professional goals and impact our mission of improving the health of those we serve.
• FTE Breakdown: 0.5 medical education administrative role and 0.5 clinical role
• Responsible for oversight and administration of all aspects of an ACGME general surgery program including outpatient, inpatient, and consultative surgical education and patient care
• Program has 25 residents per year
• This program has achieved Continued Osteopathic Recognition with ACGME. The program director does not need to practice OMM, but must embrace support for Osteopathic Principles in Practice in clinical care, and support the requirements of our care site which include teaching of OMM
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Board Eligible/ Board
Certified in General Surgery
- Current MD or DO with at
least 3 years of experience in a General Surgery Residency program
- Board Eligible/ Board Certified in General Surgery
OhioHealth is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit, charitable regional hospital system located in Central OH and the surrounding areas.
Serving our communities since 1891, we are a family of 35,000 associates, providers and volunteers across a system of 12 hospitals, 200+ ambulatory sites, hospice, home-health, medical equipment and other health services spanning a 47-county area.
We are an inclusive organization that prides ourselves on having a world class culture. As a world class organization, we have been recognized as a:
• 2021 DiversityInc Top Health System
• Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For 14 times
• Top 10% of Press Ganey’s Hospital Experience Survey
Experience the vibrant and flourishing city of Columbus,
Ohio, the 14th largest city in the United States. This
culturally diverse and welcoming city offers unique neighborhoods and
lifestyles for all. Columbus has received numerous national accolades such as
being ranked No. 8 on the “Best Places to Live” in the U.S. by Money magazine
and No. 14 nationally on Forbes “America’s Cities of the Future.” Medscape sums
it up well: Columbus is No. 5 of America’s “Best Cities for Physicians.” The
region’s prestigious educational institutions, high physician compensation, low
tax rates, low malpractice payouts, low density of physicians, beautiful
landscape, and robust economy convinced Medscape to name Columbus is a top tier
city and community for physicians.