Internal Medicine Residency Program Director- ChristianaCare
Job Description / Duties
ChristianaCare, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare and resident education, is actively recruiting an Internal Medicine Residency Program Director
Experienced Internal Medicine Physicians with an interest in this leadership position are encouraged to apply!
Why ChristianaCare Internal Medicine?
• Join Delaware’s premier health system (1300 beds) and the state’s largest Categorical Internal Medicine residency program and the largest teaching affiliate of Sidney Kimmel Medical College (SKMC) at Thomas Jefferson University
• Lead our 39 Resident Categorical Internal Medicine residency program
• Work alongside the leadership and residents of our 18 resident Med-Peds, 15 resident EM/IM, and 4 resident Transitional Year programs
• Interact with our Fellowships programs in Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Palliative and Hospice Medicine and Informatics
• Host medical students from across the country including the Delaware Branch Campus students (live and rotate at ChristianaCare for their entire MS-3 and MS-4 years) from SKMC and Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
• Strong Delaware Chapter American College of Physicians and Society of Hospital Medicine for our residents and faculty
• Numerous presentations nationally at the Alliance of Academic Internal Medicine and Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers Meetings by the Internal Medicine leadership
• Numerous graduates stay for positions at ChristianaCare and locally after graduation
Compensation & and benefits package include:
• Base salary, bonus incentive, Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligibility, plus sign-on & and relocation bonus
• Health, dental, and vision benefits
• Six weeks + of Paid Time Off plus one week of CME time
• 403b, 457b, and Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
• Fully paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage
• 12 weeks paid parental leave
“We are committed to equity, inclusion, fairness and justice for everyone we serve. As caregivers, our mission is simple, but profound: We take care of people—and caring for people includes working together to eliminate systemic racism along with the health disparities it causes.”
Janice E. Nevin, M.D., M.P.H.
President & CEO
ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 290 residents and fellows. ChristianaCare is one of the country’s most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, three hospitals (1,300 beds), a Level I trauma, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women’s health. We rank 21st in the nation for hospital admissions
Working for ChristianaCare offers the best of urban and suburban living with multiple housing options, excellent restaurants and entertainment venues, quality public and private schools and a short driving distance to popular Delaware and New Jersey beaches. The location provides easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia, and New York City – all within a short drive or train ride from Newark, DE.
• President & CEO Dr. Janice Nevin named among 50 Most Influential Clinical Executives in 2023 By Modern Healthcare
• Named among Forbes Best Employer for Diversity & Inclusion in The U.S. For 2023
• Achieved Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals Award In 2023