General Internal Medicine Faculty for Primary Care
Job Description / Duties
Baptist Health Medical Group is a physician led multispecialty of physicians who provide high quality medical care to patients of all ages. It is part of Baptist Health South Florida, the largest healthcare organization in the region. Our cohesive culture expands throughout our 11 hospitals, more than 80 physician practices, 60+ outpatient and urgent care facilities, and internationally renowned centers of excellence spanning across Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties.
Our medical group is seeking board certified/eligible physicians to join our Primary Care Team. The newly anticipated internal medicine residency program is looking for outstanding Internal Medicine physicians. This is a clinical faculty position in an outpatient setting with an emphasis on academic responsibilities. The ideal candidate will preferably have primary care experience and an interest in teaching residents to provide excellent, evidence-based, efficient patient care under their supervision. This role will involve direct care for ambulatory patients in the office as well as supervision of the care provided to ambulatory patients by the residents in the practice.
• Joining a team of Internal Medicine academic providers
• Shared call responsibilities
• Dedicated time for responsibilities such as resident advising and evaluation, formal didactics, and scholarly activity
• Teaching, mentoring and precepting Internal Medicine Residents
• Robust resources for professional development including leadership, education as well as formal coaching and mentoring program available for physicians.
• Competitive compensation with productivity incentives, a comprehensive benefits package including malpractice, CME, Medical/Dental/Vision, Life/AD&D insurance, relocation, short-term and long-term disability, and more.
• Post-graduate degree from an accredited medical institution and completion of an accredited internal medicine residency or combined internal medicine residency program.
• Preferably, experience in clinical practice with teaching responsibilities.
• Preferably, experience in areas such as quality improvement, residency-related curriculum development, interest in faculty development and/or clinical research/scholarship experience
• Only limited to outpatient primary care in an academic setting – no inpatient work necessary
• Strong clinical, communication, and leadership skills are essential
Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. This position is not open to any third- party recruiters, consultants and/or staffing vendors at this time.
For more information or to apply, please email your CV to:
Carmen Troche, Director, Physician Services
Email: BHMGPhysicianServices@BaptistHealth.net or by Tel: 786-527-9200