Internal Medicine Residency Program Director
Job Description / Duties
Arnot Health GME is actively recruiting an experienced Internal Medicine Residency Director to join our outstanding healthcare system. Enjoy a balanced professional and personal lifestyle in a suburban community that offers all the amenities of a larger metropolitan area. Connect with like-minded physicians sharing common goals. Blend your talents to enhance the practice, the health system, and the community in an environment where physicians, practices and families thrive. Arnot Health is committed to providing all our providers with state-of-the-art practice settings along with full support staff.
The Internal Medicine Residency Program at Arnot Ogden Medical Center is AGGME accredited and focused on community health. The current program numbers a total of thirty residents, 10 categorical positions per match season.
· Ensure compliance with ACGME standards.
· Ensure adequate faculty development programs are in place.
· Ensure the performance and documentation of the semi-annual Clinical Competency Committee and the annual Program Evaluation Committee.
· Maintains academic integrity of residency program.
· Facilitates appropriate affiliation agreements with outside institutions when necessary.
· Work cooperatively with the Designated Institutional Official regarding the maintenance of ACGME standards.
· Provides counsel, discipline, and advisement to residents and ensure that there is an adequate balance between service and educational content in the residency program.
· Attend the bimonthly GMEC meetings.
· Ensures compliance with all ArnotHealth medical education policies and appropriate work hour duties.
Qualifications / Required Skills
· Medical Degree from an Accredited University
· New York State Medical License (or eligible)
· Board Certified in Internal Medicine
· Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Graduate Medical Education
· Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
· Outstanding interpersonal, leadership, mentoring and teaching skills
· Must be willing to combine administrative and clinical teaching responsibilities (50/50)
Income Details / Benefits:
· Highly Competitive Salary Guarantee with Incentives
· Employment Bonus
· Loan Repayment
· Generous PTO allowance
· CME Days
· Residency / Fellowship Stipend
· Full Malpractice Insurance
· Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
· 401(k) and/or 403(b)
Arnot Health is a not-for-profit healthcare system providing primary, specialty, diagnostic, ambulatory, secondary and tertiary acute care, as well as rehabilitative and wellness services to the Southern Tier of New York and the Northern Tier of Pennsylvania. The system is currently affiliated with more than 300 physicians from 50+ specialties. It operates over 40 medical offices, a neo-natal intensive care unit (NICU) serving Chemung and seven neighboring counties, and 3 hospitals – Arnot Ogden Medical Center, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital.