Internal Medicine Residency Program Director
Job Description / Duties
ChristianaCare, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare and resident education, is actively recruiting an Internal Medicine Residency Program Director
Experienced Internal Medicine Physicians with an interest in this leadership position are encouraged to apply!
Why ChristianaCare Internal Medicine?
- Join Delaware's premier health system (1300 bed) and the state's largest Categorical Internal Medicine residency program and largest teaching affiliate of Sidney Kimmel Medical College (SKMC) at Thomas Jefferson University
- Lead our 39 Resident Categorical Internal Medicine residency program
- Work alongside the leadership and residents of our 18 resident Med-Peds, 15 resident EM/IM, and 4 resident Transitional Year programs
- Interact with our Fellowships programs in Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Palliative and Hospice Medicine and Informatics
- Host medical students from across the country including the Delaware Branch Campus students (live and rotate at ChristianaCare for their entire MS-3 and MS-4 years) from SKMC and Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Strong Delaware Chapter American College of Physicians and Society of Hospital Medicine for our residents and faculty
- Numerous presentations nationally at Alliance of Academic Internal Medicine and Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers Meetings by the Internal Medicine leadership
- Numerous graduates stay for positions at ChristianaCare an locally after graduation
Compensation & benefits package include:
- Base salary, annual bonus incentive, plus sign-on bonus
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Six weeks + of Paid Time Off plus one week of CME time
- 403b, 457b, and Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- Fully paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
"We are committed to equity, inclusion, fairness and justice for everyone we serve. As caregivers,
our mission is simple, but profound: We take care of people-and caring for people includes working
together to eliminate systemic racism along with the health disparities it causes."
Janice E. Nevin, M.D., M.P.H.
President & CEO
ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 290 residents and fellows.
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health
outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare
includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, three
hospitals (1,300 beds), a Level I trauma, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of
excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. We rank 21st in the nation
for hospital admissions
To learn more please contact – Frank Gallagher, Sr. Physician Recruiter Francis.W.Gallagher@ChristianaCare.org
or apply at - https://careers.christianacare.org/jobs/Internal_Medicine_Residency_Program_Director/Newark_Delaware/102/298842/
Working for ChristianaCare offers the best of urban and suburban living with multiple housing options,
excellent restaurants and entertainment venues, quality public and private schools and a short driving
distance to popular Delaware and New Jersey beaches. The location provides easy access to
Washington, DC, Philadelphia, and New York City - all within a short drive or train ride from Newark,
- President & CEO Dr. Janice Nevin named among 50 Most Influential Clinical Executives in
- 2022 By Modern Healthcare
- Named among Forbes Best Employer for Diversity & Inclusion in The U.S. For 2022
- Achieved Healthgrades America's 50 Best Hospitals Award In 2022
ChristianaCare Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.