Job Description / Duties
Under the general direction of the Manager of Academic Affairs, and/or the Regional Director. The GME Specialist is responsible for assisting the Academic Affairs Office in the administrative oversight of operating clinical training residency and fellowship programs within the HMH-Central/North/South Regional ACGME-sponsorship and its affiliated hospitals. The GME Specialist will work closely with the GME Manager to oversee all residency and fellowship programs and will act as mentor and resource to the departmental program leadership and program coordinators across the HMH-Central/North/South Regional.
- Monitors Resident Physician appointments for accuracy and to ensure payment of proper salary, advises Program Chairperson of House Staff appointments and salary levels to ensure proper classification.
- Processes paperwork for all Resident Physician appointments and assignments rotations between HMH-Central/North/South Regional and outside or affiliated institutions. Circulates a monthly schedule detailing assignments. Contacts new Resident Physicians prior to start of employment to gather pertinent personal data, to be used in completing and processing required paperwork.
- Organizes and coordinates orientation program, which serves to acquaint new Resident Physicians with hospital policies and procedures, benefits and other pertinent employment information.
- Gathers and collates necessary information kits and prepares for mailing.
- Coordinates assignments of Drug Enforcement Administration numbers and unit and dictation numbers, as part of pre-employment processing, as these numbers are required for patient care and for record keeping purposes.
- Gathers and provides other departments with information on termination of Resident Physicians, including HR, Compensation and Payroll for the purpose of removing officers from the payroll system.
- Monitors terminating Resident Physicians to ensure they have completed assigned charts for Medical Records, returned keys, books to the library, etc.
- Coordinate all Graduate Medical Education data related to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid IRIS Reimbursement
- Provides continuous oversight of all trainee demographic and rotation definition information via New Innovations
- Responsible for monthly auditing related to trainee block scheduling
- Assists with evaluation processes to ensure presence of necessary supporting documentation (PLA, ECFMG Certificates, etc.)
- Coordinates trainee research time tracking
- Assists with audits rotation billing between institutions and billing related to trainee rotations outside the sponsoring institution
- Liaison for CMS and Department of Health audits for all training programs
- Assists in the development of training manuals, and departmental events
- Performs administrative functions and other duties as required/assigned
Qualifications / Required Skills
Bachelor's degree preferred or three to five years' experience working in medical education administration
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to organize information.
Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
Working knowledge of software applications including Google platform applications, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and/or Google platform.
Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed.
Minimum of three to five years' experience working in healthcare, education, corporate office or related environment.
Experience working with Medical Education.
Should have knowledge of our online program for tracking resident performance, New Innovations
JERSEY SHORE UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER Requisition #2022-118122
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.