Job Description / Duties
• Accountable for the operation and general administration of the residency program, in keeping with the most up-to-date requirements of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the individual specialty Review Committee (RC).
• Oversees and organizes the specific specialty or subspecialty educational program, including oversight of quality of the didactic and clinical education components at all sites.
• Monitors appropriate resident supervision by faculty throughout the program, including participation in selection of faculty, and participation in evaluation of faculty teaching of trainees. Depending on departmental structure, works in collaboration with the faculty development designee or is responsible for ensuring adequate faculty development opportunities at departmental level for faculty to meet ACGME faculty development requirements.
• Monitor resident and fellow well-being and the clinical learning environment of the rotations and experiences that are a part of the rotations at all sites. Accountable for the maintenance of a stable and appropriate learning environment for residents or fellows and for those who interact with them.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center Internal Medicine Program is seeking a Program Director. Candidates must be board certified in Internal Medicine and have at least five years’ experience in residency or medical student teaching. Previous leadership roles such as Associate Program Director or Clerkship Director would be beneficial, but not required.
Position and Program Highlights
• 36 Categorical residents (12 per year) and 8 Preliminary residents
• Highly competitive residency with 13-year 100% ABIM board pass rate
• Fifty core faculty members with deep commitment to clinical education and research
To learn more about this opportunity or to apply visit: https://careers.atriumhealth.org/jobs/7340476-internal-medicine-physician-residency-program-director