Residency Coordinator - Internal Medicine
Job Description / Duties
The position requires a comprehensive and detailed understanding of national accreditation policies (ACGME) and board certification policies, as well as a high-degree of initiative and independent judgment. The Coordinator Residency Program provides support and meets regularly with the Program Director and Director of Medical Education Administration concerning office management issues, activities, budgets, and the status of projects. This position identifies and evaluates the methods for improving workflow and cost effectiveness and makes recommendations for improvements. Familiarity with ACGME web ADS, MedHub Resident Management System (RMS), ERAS, NRMP, & EPSI required. The Coordinator Residency Program will be available at all hours for resident and medical student calls and will work nights and weekends frequently to facilitate program sponsored meetings and events.
1. Serves as Coordinator for Residency programs.
2. Responsible for the overall management of residency office. Assists the physician director and associate director to manage the residency by ensuring that accreditation standards are met, educational activities which support the curriculum are established, departmental policies are created and enforced, and recruitment strategies are implemented so that a highly successful residency program is maintained.
3. Coordinates the onboarding process for new residents including collecting new resident contracts, licenses, and certifications. Assists new residents in becoming acclimated to the educational setting. Assists the medical education administration manager in the preparation and implementation of new resident orientation.
4. Jointly oversee the planning and implementation of continuing medical education activities including the visiting lectureship series, educational conferences, and other programs.
5. Oversee resident and medical student clinical rotation scheduling.
6. Coordinate preparation of travel for residents, director, and faculty for approved departmental travel.
7. Coordinates the resident recruitment processes including the initial screening, examining, comparing, and processing of applications, scheduling of interviews, correspondence with applicants, gathering of interview summary information, and submission of NRMP rank order lists.
8. Responsible for development and implementation of the resident evaluation process which is consistent with the expectations of the residency program director, and requirements of the ACGME and American Board of Surgery.
9. Assists in the supervision of the department secretary. Develops job description and performance standards. Performs annual performance review. Delegates and monitors assignments.
10. Provides reports to the director of medical education administration as requested. Meets with the director of medical education regularly to stay abreast of medical education issues.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in education or equivalent on the job experience. Master’s degree with a focus in adult education preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience in health or education.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons. Training Administrators of Graduate Medical Education (TAGME) certification after a minimum of three years employment.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Demonstrate successful office management experience. Demonstrate extensive experience in adult education program administration. Be familiar with word processors and computers.