Family Medicine Assistant Program Director - JFK University Medical Center
Job Description / Duties
The Department of Family Medicine at JFK University Medical Center part of Hackensack Meridian Health System is recruiting a full-time board-certified family medicine assistant program director physician to join our faculty. This role will include the opportunity to work with learners from all levels including medical and other students, FM residents. The successful candidate will be eligible for a faculty appointment at Hackensack Meridian Health School of Medicine.
• Robust department with a full complement of core faculty dedicated to the FM residency.
• Half time dedicated to teaching, clinical practice and administration of the JFK FM residency that is comprised of 8 residents per year.
• Half time dedicated to the School of Medicine as a Clinical Skills Core faculty member which will include teaching students in large group, small group and simulation type sessions.
• Maintain an active clinical practice including outpatient, inpatient, and post-acute/long term care.
• 1.0 FTE with 0.50 dedicated to the FM residency responsibility and 0.50 mix of education and simulation-based activities at the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine in Nutley
Qualifications / Required Skills
• M.D. or D.O. degree
• Board Certified in Family Medicine
• Medical Education Experience
• Two years’ residency faculty experience
JFK Family Medicine Residency offers excellent opportunities to learn and teach the full scope of Family Medicine from Obstetrics and care of the newborn to Geriatrics and long-term care. We place a strong emphasis on putting the biopsychosocial model into practice. In our effort to be innovative and train residents for the future, we have been an NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home since 2011, are a certified Centering group visit practice for prenatal and diabetic patients, and a Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) Medicare practice. We have also implemented an Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) curriculum and a point-of care, hand-held ultrasound curriculum. JFK has been exclusively using an electronic medical record since 2005 and transitioned to EPIC in June 2019.
Ultimately, our most important assets are the residents, faculty and staff who work together to create the highest quality residency program as evidenced by our 100% Board passage rate for the past ten years.
To learn more, please visit our website: https://jfkfmresidency.org/
For more information please send your CV to Renee.Theobald@HMHN.org or call 908-939-5693 - Physician Recruitment