Director - Clinical Research, Cardiology, Leading Healthcare Organization, Ochsner Health System
Job Description / Duties
This job is responsible for the strategic planning, administration, and operation of all clinical research activities in the relevant Center of Excellence or clinical area of oversight. Works collaboratively with the AVP Clinical Research, and Research and Clinical Department leadership to establish research priorities and strategic imperatives and to troubleshoot problem areas; represents a point of contact and provides leadership for clinical researchers in matters related to the development, feasibility and conduct of research studies; communicates and interprets Organizational and Department mission, goals and objectives to all stakeholders; and provides leadership and direction in the planning, implementation, and ongoing improvement of all areas of responsibility.
• Ensures quality and service through oversight of policies, procedures, and improvement initiatives
• Ensures financial stability
• Develops strategic business plans that support growth
• Manages, develops, retains and inspires an engaged workforce
• Supports technology infrastructure and system improvement
• Supports development through special projects
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time. Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards. Complies with the Ochsner Health System Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Required - Bachelor's degree in Science in Biosciences, Life Sciences, or Healthcare related field
• Preferred - MD, PharmD, and/or PhD in Life Sciences and/or MBA Work Experience
• Required - 8 years leadership and/or management in clinical research Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information. Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills