Job Description / Duties
If an Academic position with competitive pay and life balance, in the midst of the excitement of a new Residency program, sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to keep reading! Joining the Good Samaritan Clinical Faculty team in Vincennes, Indiana, can provide you the opportunity to be on the ground floor of GME in Southwestern Indiana.
• Clinical faculty position in an outpatient setting with an emphasis on academic responsibilities in a unique, primary care-focused program serving a rural population.
• Our educational mission is to train physicians to care for medically complex patients in rural environment in a rigorous academic setting.
• The Internal Medicine Residency Program opened July 2020, received full accreditation in 2021, and is now at full complement with PGY 1, 2 & 3 classes. Our residents have produced award-winning scholarship at the local and regional levels, including the American College of Physicians, the America Geriatrics Society, and the Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers.
• Good Samaritan is a 158-bed level III Trauma Center & Certified Primary Stroke Center. Our more than 1800 caregivers serve over 240,000 people in a variety of subspecialties.
• Candidate must have an MD, DO, or equivalent degree and be Board Certified or Board Eligible by the American Board of Internal Medicine or equivalent. Must be IN licensed (or eligible). Must adhere to ACGME Program Requirements for Residency Education in Internal Medicine regarding faculty expectations.
• Responsibilities include participating in teaching conferences and other didactic activities of the program. Provide teaching and supervision for residents and students.
• Opportunities include leadership and academic involvement along with an Indiana University School of Medicine faculty appointment.
• Practice options include 100% Resident supervision or have time set aside for you to grow and maintain a practice of your own.
• Guaranteed base salary and hiring incentives include but are not limited to sign-on bonus, potential loan repayment, CME and Physician Driven Compensation Model.
For more information, contact Terri Farmer, Physician Recruitment Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org